Monday, June 26, 2006

Everywhere You Go, Always Take The Weather With You

Thats very much the case with me. I planned to flaneur around Bologna today, but it was 40 and no breeze. But I had my prosciutto San Daniele and tortellini in brodo (oh, yum) so I achieved what I came here for. Could only think of moving on so headed down to Florence, and to the place I stayed three years ago (and where I met Ruth). Its exactly the same and just as great.

Florence is on heat. Ive never seen such crowds, so thank god for gelato (two today: fior di latte e fino di mondo, and limoncello e mura). Its temporary relief from this landlocked heat. African fake bag sellers are everywhere, as are beggers and ciao bellas. Its just as beautiful but hard to appreciate - what a difference a month makes! I was here in May and you could stand back and contemplate the Duomo and the piazzas, now it is swamped with tourists and someone out for a buck.

Vai Australia! I hope to catch the game but uh, um, Ill also be at The Mall...

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie O. said...

Reading your posts on Italy make me think of all of the Italian cooking shows I've watched over the past few weeks. I'm inspired to make spaghetti Bolognaise (in my own way) tonight. And perhaps I'll put Fellini's Roma in the DVD for good measure. *sigh* I love reading your blog.

2:22 pm  
Blogger deepkickgirl said...

Well you can take OUR weather with you... feel free. You know I love the cold but the nights have been bloody freezing. I can't believe I'm day dreaming about Spring already. Getting soft in my old age.

All well here apart from the "you know what"... Don't mention the game. Always told you it was a stupid game, but does anyone listen to me?! How is it being with all those gloating Italians. I forget, is it soccer or theatresports?! I can't even bring myself to go to Mr Stuzzichini today for lunch.

9:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have been a big fan of your work for a long time now. I can proudly say that I am one of those who visits your blog every morning to read what you have to say.:o)

I have just launched a monthly creative women's e-zine and would like to invite you to write for it. You can talk about anything appealing to a Women audience. I do hope you like the idea!

www.girlenroute.com

2:42 pm  
Blogger TessaJ said...

What'd you buy? What'd you buy? What'd you buy?

4:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home