Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stuttgart

I forgot the long days of summer in Europe, and how wonderful it is. Not even before I could open my door at the hostel, there was an invite to join some people in the main square to watch Italy-Ghana. That first shower is heaven. But it was a quick one and then out the door to join thousands and thousands of Italy-supporting locals for the 9pm kickoff, and it was bright light until 9.40, and so warm, and there it was, with delicious rotewurst and cold beer, and cigarettes (the French have nothing on these people) I watched a great game of football, laughed and cheered amongst a sea of people as far as the eye could see.

6 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Ahhhhh....Stuttgart.

Did I tell you about the foxy Aussie boy I met in Stuttgart my first time in Europe.

Ahhhh.....Stuttgart!

(Good to hear you've made it there safely!)

4:31 pm  
Blogger charlotte said...

Don't you think Ghana played well? I was so willing them to pull something out of the bag and score. Glad to hear you're having a fabulous time. And Topshop! Good girl!

7:51 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

ah, shopping in london. how jealous am i?

glad you're having a cool time.

met any nice boys yet?!

12:42 am  
Blogger iggy said...

Sounds like you having a good time already.. ahh everything I read about the atmosphere in Germany right now makes me want to be there!
Make sure you write a match report on France v Switzerland!

5:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was thinking about you last night after i drifted off post Togo/Korea....I couldn't keep my eyes open for France/Switzerland - hope it was fabulous for you!

1:43 pm  
Blogger Jules said...

I was thinking about you this morning when I logged on to the internet to find out the score for France v. Switzerland - was the atmosphere at the game amazing?

Glad that you are having fun so far.

4:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home