Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Leaving

A bit emotional today. Maybe because Im on my own for the first time in weeks, maybe because its being in Paris and a bit sentimental - quiche in the Jardin de Luxembourg; eating eclairs - maybe because its my last day in non-English Europe, maybe the lack of cigarettes after a month of heavy smoking.

It has been nice to play tourguide in Paris this time. Familiar yet always new Paris. I feel a bit disconnected from everything and everywhere today. Its probably fatigue. Unbelievably tired. I need a bed, a beach, or a hug.

Tonight, Dublin. Cant wait to see R in her neck of the woods. And then London, and then the concept of home enters the mind.

9 Comments:

Blogger deepkickgirl said...

Oh, sweetie. I'll give you a hug... and Will and Marianna... and probably a few others.

Enjoy these last few days and have a safe trip home.

Love you big much.

7:31 am  
Blogger Claire said...

I will give you a hug and a cigarette in London!

7:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots of hugs and an enormous amount of cigarettes are my middle name babe hahahha.
love you heaps
jevon1

8:57 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

At least you are not at work Julia!!!!

12:56 pm  
Blogger Luli said...

Oh, sweets. I'd give you a hug and a ciggie too!

3:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This might cheer you up-I finally received my Manolos!! I was beginning to think they WERE an urban shoe myth. I am wearing them to bed-tonight! I'll swing by the office sometime to show them off- I mean show them to you.
Take care, F

6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well with everyone providing virtual cigs and hugs, i hope you feel better.
delphine

11:30 pm  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I hope you're doing alright! Wish I could be there with you!

7:36 am  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

So sorry we weren't able to meet up in Paris, but next time around for sure! And maybe we can plan to do it with Lauren and others.

1:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home